Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday night

I can't find the insurance forms. I have spent a lot of the last hour searching through emails and can't find them. Add this to the fact that I don't think we will be insured anyway as they tell us that you must submit the insurance forms a week before packing begins - yep, that was last Friday then - that didn't happen (I don't seem to have the forms!!)

Today has been a good day - we sold the car - yay - Cathy came to pick it up at midday just before I went to pick up Alex from childcare. It's kind of strange not having a car - feels a bit weird and will be strange when I think, I'll just go and grab this and then remember that I have to walk or bus it to get anywhere. However, it's not for long. Oh yeah, and some guy nearly hit me this morning - freaked me out completely - about 200 metres from home, he was turning right and nearly turned into us. He was very apologetic (by hand signals) and I was very relieved that it was a near miss rather than a hit.

Stan is doing well with the painting and Alex is quite interested in what he is doing.

Theo and Carmel came for a visit this afternoon. Alex was excited - running around in circles and just delighted to have company. Alex surprised me this afternoon when I picked him up from childcare, he was turning to the other kids and saying "Bye bye Daniel, bye bye Lachlin, bye bye Matthew". These days he surprises me nearly every day with the things he comes out with.

Anyway, better get a bit more packing done before retiring tonight. Tara is still very unsettled with her blocked nose and took ages to settle tonight. Not sure how long she will sleep for before needing a feed and hopefully settling down again. I am exhausted from the last couple of nights of getting up multiple times.....

2 comments:

  1. Great posting Jo ..... the start of something that will continue for a long time.

    And in years to come, you may even read this first post and remember the week you were packing to move to Singapore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taxi's are not expensive here either - so don't exclude them :-)

    It is odd not having a car, but I don't think I would want to tackle the traffic here in Sing - so it is not as bad as you might think. The only icky thing is shopping without a car - but most of the stores deliver - don't forget to take advantage of that :-)

    Great idea for tackling a blog - it has surely helped me adjust. Just putting it all on paper was therapeutic and reading back it is now hysterical.

    Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete