Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One more day till Gary gets home

Ah, here it is Tuesday night and I keep on wavering between feeling completely on top of things and oh my goodness there is so much to get done. Today was actually a really productive day. This morning had a slow start after a bit of a rough night - Tara was awake at 2, 4 and 6 after I got to bed at 11:50. That was harsh! At 6, I brought her into bed with me and we had a lovely cuddle and doze together. There is something very special about these times - the gorgeous young baby who just needs your love and is content to lie in your arms. Alex slept in (yay) so we had a bit of a late start to the day. We talked to Gary on skype and then Allisa and her boys came over for a visit. The house descended into more chaos with toys everywhere. Alex loved playing with the big boys so that was fun. He also loved the new lego that Allisa brought over - he was enthralled by it tonight when I was getting dinner ready.

I had an appointment at the doc's for both kids at lunchtime as they both have had bad runny noses. The doc confirmed they are fine - just a bit of a virus that will run it's course. In any case, Alex in particular is very happy so I'm not too worried. Even Tara seems to be on the improve - it's much harder for her as at 6 months, she can only breathe through her nose. After the doctors, we caught the bus into town and did a load of jobs. Went to feed Tara at the Myer centre parent's room. Alex was running around like a madman. Thankfully we were the only ones there at the time.

Had a funny experience after that. We were in the lift and there were 3 schoolkids - around 10 or 11 in the lift. They were being really obnoxious to each other but very loud too. They then started swearing so I had to say something as Alex is such a parrot at this stage and I don't want him coming out with these choice phrases. But I hate confrontation so much, I was actually really polite, just saying "Boys, please don't use that language - I have a 2 year old here" but I was a bit shaken afterwards. I am such a wuss! I was glad I had said something though.

We walked home from town to give Alex the opportunity to sleep - he fell asleep around 10 minutes from home!! Oh well, it doesn't always go to plan.

Tonight, I have got a few jobs done and am feeling quietly positive about everything. I just can't wait to see Gary on Thursday morning. We have been apart for 30 nights of the last 47. That is the most time we have ever been apart. Roll on Thursday morning.....

2 comments:

  1. .... so hard when the 'other half' of the partnership is away... we really hate to be apart. John tries to get out of it wherever possible!

    But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

    As for the swearing in the 'lift' (remember elevator here!!) good on you for taking a stand. At least you will not have that problem here .... well that sort of obnoxious behaviour is very rare and usually jumped on immediately by the 'uncles and auntie" (ie: older generation) .....

    ..... so all good lah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Leone, it is really hard to be apart. I love the term 'uncles and aunties'. When we were there a few weeks ago, I heard someone referring to someone else as Auntie - I find it very endearing.

    ReplyDelete